Many of us have repeatedly encountered the problem of increasing photos or pictures, we always want to do this so as not to lose quality. Modern tools and applications allow you to do this in a few clicks. There are many programs available on the Internet to increase and decrease the size of photos, both paid and free, that can provide many other features. So we are discussing best program to resize images without losing quality. Select a program to reduce or enlarge photos without loss of quality.
best program to resize images without losing quality
BenVista’s PhotoZoom Pro is a dedicated photo enlargement program . A lot of available editing objects, as well as support for the latest technologies involving image processing, make PhotoZoom Pro an important addition to the professional workshop that processes digital photos.
PhotoZoom Pro is used wherever it is necessary to emphasize a fragment, a detail of a photograph, but the quality of the photograph cannot be reduced. Image interpolation algorithms use the innovative S-Spline, S-Spline XL, S-Spline Max, which allows for a significant increase while maintaining image quality at the level of most commercially available photo processing software. These algorithms also support JPEG image enlargement , which minimizes distortion and noise associated with lossy compressed images.
The main features of the program:
- support for very high resolutions – up to 1,000,000 x 1,000,000 pixels, maximum image file size up to 16 EB (exabytes);
- built-in tool for cropping photos;
- the “grain” function, which creates the impression of naturalness of the enlarged photo;
- the ability to automatically process (batch) a large number of photos;
- a wide library of predefined settings optimized for the type and format of the image;
- the ability to define and save your own image processing settings ;
- patented image interpolation algorithms: S-Spline, S-Spline XL, S-Spline MAX, which allow to maintain high sharpness and detailed enlarged images;
- a set of basic tools and effects that reduce the visible distortion of the enlarged image;
- a set of additional tools designed specifically to reduce image noise compressed in JPEG;
- the built-in module allows you to integrate it with leading solutions for processing and retouching images: Adobe Photoshop, Corel Photo-Paint (note: the plug-in is installed automatically when the installer detects the presence of Photoshop or Photo Paint in the system);
- support for layers and masks – through integration with Adobe Photoshop (the program provides assistive technologies used on modern working consoles for image processing;
- compatibility with multi-core and multi-processor configurations of laptops, PCs and Macs;
- the ability to use the power of a video card for image processing;
These technologies ensure that PhotoZoom Pro fully utilizes the hardware capabilities of modern graphics workstations.
You May Also Like: 3D PRINTING BUSINESS IDEAS: 6 PROFITABLE IDEAS 2020
SmillaEnlarger is a free, lightweight photo resizing program. Modified photographs are processed using algorithms to sharpen the image and remove noise and distortion. The application does not have very wide functionality, so beginners will like it.
The process of changing photographs consists of several basic steps. At the beginning of working with the tool, you need to load the photo from the disk or external media – using the dialog box, the Drag & Drop method or the drop-down list. The program supports image files in the following formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, PPM. Then the image is cropped or enlarged to the desired size. In this case, we can use the ability to manually select the image area or automatically adjust the image to the specified coefficients (zoom level, width, height, maximum sizes, etc.).
The most important step is the choice of an optimization algorithm – there are 4 sets of predefined settings and the ability to manually adjust program parameters for pictures, such as the level of sharpness and sensitivity reduction. Before processing, you can use the preview function of the received image.
Other important features of the tool are:
- work from the command line;
- logging operations;
- job queue (performing operations on photo collections in automatic mode);
- image reduction without loss of quality;
- display interface mode in a simplified version (without additional configuration options);
- the ability to paste images from the clipboard.
The project is distributed under Open Source (GNU GPL) – has an open source code and release for the most popular operating systems. SmillaEnlarger does not require installation, just unzip the ZIP archive in any directory on your hard drive. The program contains brief documentation describing how to manage some functions.
FastStone Photo Resizer
Do you have to process several or several dozen photos manually, because you need a different format or other sizes than, for example, made by the camera? For the boring and monotonous increase in the size of many photos, use the FastStone Photo Resizer. The utility will help reduce or enlarge images. The program is small and is offered both in the installation and in the portable version – so you can always have it at hand.
The program is used for sequential image processing without loss of quality, which means that you can set the desired image output parameters only once, and they will be applied to all specified files. There are many possibilities:
- resizing or cropping the entire image;
- add color effects or color correction;
- add texts and watermarks;
- renaming files according to a specific template – for example, sequential numbering;
- Search and change a specific line in the file name;
- Saving the sequence of changes – useful if you often process similar photos.
FS Resizer supports the formats JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF and JPEG2000, it has the ability to recognize the directory structure, as well as a very convenient preview of the changes.
Example for resizing multiple photos
After starting the program in the window on the left, we see the directory tree of our disk. We select photos from it, the size of which needs to be changed – we mark them, and then click “Add =>”. Files will appear in the window on the right, and the entire operation will be performed on them. To go to the resize option, we need the tab “Use advanced options (Resize …)”, then the “Advanced options” button is activated.
On the “Resize” tab, select a size to reduce the weight of the photo – you can enter your own sizes or choose one of the standard ones available in the drop-down list. If the photos are vertical and horizontal, we also note “The width and height of the switch corresponds to the aspect ratio” – then the photos will be reduced in accordance with the length of the side, and not just its width.
After selecting the option, click “OK” and return to the main program window. Now just select:
- The path of the directory where the output files should be saved
- possible scheme for creating their names.
Then click the “Convert” button and wait until the program finishes converting the files. In the process, information about your work is displayed, including the initial and final size of the photo, there is a current preview of the changes. When the program ends, you will have ready photos in the size that you have chosen.
You May Also Like: CORONA AND DIGITAL MARKETING WHAT IS GOING ON?
GIMP is a program for processing digital photographs and creating raster graphics, as well as for enlarging photos without degradation. The application is a free alternative to Adobe Photoshop or Corel PaintShop Pro and allows you to use a wide range of tools, settings, filters and plug-ins useful for editing and creating bitmap images. The program, in particular, allows drawing, retouching photographs, moving, deleting, copying, duplicating and transforming fragments of images, controlling the background, entering text, adjusting colors and other properties of images, applying layers and masks.
GIMP recognizes various input devices (for example, graphic tablets), has a function that allows you to use the GEGL library (color depth per channel can exceed 8 bits), supports transparency using the alpha channel. Key features of the program:
- a large set of ready-made brushes, patterns and gradients, you can modify them and create new ones, there are also ready-made logos (menu File / Create / Logo);
- a set of tools for marking, drawing and transforming – foreground / background color, selection (rectangular, ellipse, freehand, magic wand, color selection, foreground, smart scissors that mark the area and adjust the edges), pen (as in Photoshop) , color selection, enlarged view, ruler, offset, alignment, cropping, rotation, scaling, tilt, perspective, reflection, frame conversion, text, color filling, gradient, pencil, brush, eraser, airbrushing, thread (calligraphy), cloning ( stamp), perspective, times wash / sharpen, reduce or darken;
- each of these tools has its own, often complex settings – for example, blending options, opacity, size, shape, angle, aspect ratio, and many others;
- editing function – crop and copy (also a selection view), paste, new layers, patterns or brushes, cut, copy and paste the contents of the buffer, clear the selection or the whole image, the color of the foreground fill, background color or pattern;
- image parameters – duplication, setting a color palette (RGB, gray scale, loading a color profile from a disk, etc., color scanning mode), conversion (flipping, rotating), canvas sizes, print size, image scaling, image cropping, alignment layers, inclusion of guides and grids, image properties;
- color adjustment – balance, hue, brightness, saturation (also for the selected primary color), contrast, threshold, levels, curves, color reduction, inversion, automatic color adjustment (alignment, white balance, normalization, contrast extension and HSV, color enhancement) , information (histogram, cubic color analysis, smoothed palette), filters, coloring, RGB maximization, improved Retinex contrast, color conversion to transparency;
- text input options – standard setting for choosing the type of font, font size and color, smoothing, alignment;
- a set of filters – various types of blur, enhancement, distortion, light and shadow, noise, edge detection, display, rendering, a filter for web pages, animation of filters or the use of the Alfa channel design, the ability to use Python and Script-Fu-Fu scripts;
- work with layers and layer masks – you can create new layers (also from the image visible when you select), delete existing ones, group, duplicate and fix layers, reset settings, control the order of layers in the stack, layer mask, including selection, transparency, border sizes layer, adjusting its size and scaling, carry out the cropping of the layer in accordance with the choice and automatic cropping;
- and many other useful features.
The graphical interface of the program is executed at a decent level and has excellent configuration parameters. Working with software should not be a serious problem for people who intensively use, for example, Adobe Photoshop and those involved in processing bitmap graphics. In general, less experienced users will have to spend some time learning how to properly use the more complex GIMP features. The program displays short hints, you can also use informative help, in addition, on the project site you can find user manuals, manuals and other instructions. You can use above best program to resize images without losing quality explained softwares