With knowledge of the subject and some luck in the flea market, you can find a gift to anyone on any of the holidays. And even the rarity that will ensure a well-fed future and even, perhaps, repayment of the mortgage. or you can sell it online with higher price so we are discussing best money makers at flea markets.
The difference between the flea markets. But there are rules that are suitable for any flea market in the world and flea market tips for vendors.
- Wake up early Those wishing to find a self-portrait of naked Rubens among postcards are missing everywhere. Already a couple of hours after the start of the market, antiquaries and simply experts will clear the space of everything valuable.
- Look for the atypical Basel has a wonderful flea market. But hoping to bargain for hours there at half price is naive optimism. In this capital of watchmaking, children play with old tourbillons, while old people guess a limited series of aches in joints. And, of course, the Basel knows what he sells for watches and how much they cost. But the avant-garde canvas can be considered a sample of wallpaper and give it inexpensively.
- Avoid dealers Amateurs often bring to the market everything they find on the mezzanine without bothering with expertise. But the resellers are well versed in junk and will not give up the expensive cheaply. It’s easy to distinguish. Resellers have a huge assortment, and they rarely choose a narrow niche. So, if there are a hundred stuffed humanoids on the tray and nothing more interesting, then this private trader is selling a collection of grandfather-ufologist.
- Avoid Antiquities Perhaps the birch bark letters from the family archive that the old woman with honest eyes sells seem like a good investment. But the search and circulation of antiquities is strictly regulated. Hand-made purchases promise a lot of trouble; resale of rarities is a treasury. And to carry birch bark letters in the rectum to an anonymous buyer in Hong Kong is eccentric even with falling oil.
- Dress easier Your sable fur coat and ceremonial kilt will provoke even the average person selling the grandfather trophy Messerschmitt, the desire to adopt part of your splendour and charisma. As much as possible and in the form of money.
To often find valuable artifacts in flea markets, you must graduate from the Faculty of Art and work for a couple of years in the antique salon. But even basic knowledge will increase your chance of an unexpected jackpot.
You May Also Like: 3D PRINTING BUSINESS IDEAS: 6 PROFITABLE IDEAS 2020
best money makers at flea markets
Painting at flea market
- Consider the signature. And trust her if the price allows you to take a chance. Sometimes reality seems too unbelievable. So, one resident of Virginia bought a picture with the signature “Renoir” at a flea market for $ 7. She just liked the frame. Now this original painting by Renoir is estimated at $ 75,000.
- The rule “old means expensive” does not work in painting. The landscape of an unknown old Flemish can cost hundreds of times less than the painting “Boy with a Cut Penis” by our contemporaries Vinogradov and Dubosarsky.
Weapon at flea market
- A medieval sword in good condition could only be sold at a flea market at the crusader camp. And decorative etching on weapons is often done before the sale itself. The best choice for a beginner is the blades of the period of world wars. Less risk of running into a fake, higher chance of successfully reselling.
- Custom lettering on a standard blade is not always a bad sign. For example, a German Mauser bayonet for a 1935 rifle is common on European collapses. But the same bayonet made for the Serbian army, who fought on the side of the Germans, is a rare instance.
- If the picture seems to consist of pixels – this is a decal, a decal. So decorate a penny mass product. Continuous strokes and bumps of paint are a sign of hand painting, which grows in value over time. Another handmade feature is that the same elements always differ slightly.
- Collections of famous brands have special signs. If you see porcelain figurines of birds and animals of terrible sloppiness and handmade, it could be Herend – the famous Hungarian manufactory. Each such figure costs hundreds of euros. And if the cup on the side has a drawing that looks like a brown engraving with views of St. Petersburg, then look for the letter W at the bottom: this looks like one of the best collections of Wedgwood.
You May Also Like: ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF DIGITAL MARKETING
Clocks in flea market
- Clocks are best money makers at flea markets. If a mechanical watch beats a quarter of an hour (this is called a repeater), and on the dial a mechanical knight is struck with a spear of a dragon and he affably jerks a foot (these are jacquemars) – you need to take it. Complications are cheap only by accident.
- Unusual details on a serial watch are a good sign. In England, at a flea market, a trash lover bought a Breitling watch for 39 pounds. It turned out that they were made for the next James Bond series. The plot of the watch differed from the serial ones by the built-in Geiger counter (it was issued by an LED). In 2013, the watch was sold at Christie’s for $ 161,420.
Meteorites at flea market
- Only an iron meteorite can be distinguished by eye from a piece of ore. Stone must be carried to the laboratory. On the surface of the iron meteorite there should be traces of bursting bubbles: when it passes through the atmosphere, the surface begins to boil. And there can be no sharp corners on it, everything is melted.
- Even real meteorites differ in price by orders of magnitude depending on the composition and circumstances of the fall. Such a purchase is a pure lottery. At the same time, 7 thousand meteorites fall on land each year. Not a very rare product.
Wreckage at flea market
If you collect all the fragments of the Berlin Wall, from them you can build the Great Chinese. As well as from the fragments of the pyramids, the Titanic and the Mir space station, a piece of which the seller’s cousin was found in the stomach of a personally caught horse mackerel. Even an expert cannot always determine the reliability of such an artifact.